PhD Student at EPFL
I am a PhD student at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL). I work in the Intelligent Maintenance and Operations Systems (IMOS) Lab under the supervision of Prof. Olga Fink. Previously, I received my master's degree at ShanghaiTech University and B.Eng. degree from Wuhan University (WHU). I also had the opportunity to visit Peking University (PKU) and City University of HongKong (CityU) as a research intern.
My current research focuses on Graph Machine Learning and Algorithmic Reasoning.
- [Nov. 2023] New preprint entitled "Discerning and Enhancing the Weighted Sum-Rate Maximization Algorithms in Communications" has been released.
- [Sep. 2023] Begin PhD study in EPFL.
- [Feb 2023] One paper has been accepted by ICASSP 2023.
- [Oct 2022] New preprint entitled "ASGNN: Graph Neural Networks with Adaptive Structure" has been released.
- [June 2022] New preprint entitled "Towards Understanding Graph Neural Networks: An Algorithm Unrolling Perspective" has been released.
- [Sep. 2021] Our paper has been selected as the Best Student Paper Award Finalist in IEEE SPAWC 2021!
- [Sep. 2020] Begin master study in SIST @ ShanghaiTech University.
- [Aug. 2020] One paper has been accepted by Asilomar 2020.
Education & Experiences
Electrical Engineering, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Sep. 2023 -
National Institute of Health Data Science, Peking University, Beijing, China
Feb. 2023 - April 2023
School of Information Science and Technology, ShanghaiTech University, Shanghai, China
Dec. 2019 - June 2023
Department of Measuring & Control Technology and Instrumentations, School of Electronic Information, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Sept. 2016 - June 2020
Department of Electronic Engineering, College of Engineering, City Univercity of HongKong, HongKong
July 2019 - Sept. 2019
ASGNN: Graph Neural Networks with Adaptive Structure
Zepeng Zhang, Songtao Lu, Zengfeng Huang, and Ziping Zhao
Towards Understanding Graph Neural Networks: An Algorithm Unrolling Perspective
Zepeng Zhang and Ziping Zhao
Discerning and Enhancing the Weighted Sum-Rate Maximization Algorithms in Communications
Zepeng Zhang, Ziping Zhao, Kaiming Shen, Daniel P. Palomar, and Wei Yu
Enhancing the Efficiency of WMMSE and FP for Beamforming by Minorization-Maximization
Zepeng Zhang, Ziping Zhao, and Kaiming Shen
Weighted Sum-Rate Maximization for Multi-Hop RIS-Aided Multi-User Communications: A Minorization-Maximization Approach
Zepeng Zhang and Ziping Zhao
IEEE SPAWC 2021 (Best Student Paper Award Finalist)
- Teaching Assistant for CIVIL 425: Machine learning for predictive maintenance applications | 2023-24 Fall, EPFL.
- Teaching Assistant for CS 182: Introduction to Machine Learning | 2021-22 Fall, ShanghaiTech.
- Teaching Assistant for SI 231: Matrix Analysis and Computations | 2020-21 Spring, 2021-2022 Spring, ShanghaiTech.
Awards & Honors
1st prize of 2018 RoboCup China Open 2018
1st prize of 2018 Asia and Pacific Mathematical Contest in Modeling 2018
3rd prize of 2018 The Chinese Robot Skills Competitions 2018
1st prize of 2017 The Chinese Mathematics Competitions, Hubei Prov. 2017
Yu Gang Scholarship (Top 1%, Rank 1st out of the department), WHU, 2018-19
SAMSUNG Scholarship (Top 1%, Rank 1st out of the department), WHU, 2017-18
The First Prize Scholarship (Top 5%), WHU, 2017-18, 2018-19
The Second Prize Scholarship (Top 15%), WHU, 2016-17
- Conference Reviewer: AISTATS 2024,2023; WWW 2023; ICASSP 2024; IEEE MLSP 2023; TGL-NeurIPS 2023,2022.
- Journal Reviewer: IEEE Open Journal of Signal Processing, Neurocomputing.
In my free time, I enjoy traveling, reading, swimming, guitar and hiphop music. Besides, I like watching TV shows (my favorites are Vikings, Breaking Bad, Prison Break, etc.).